Wednesday 21 January 2009

the birth of patchwork mittens.

There is no reason for my choice of name - I was merely sitting in my bedroom trying to think of something nice, and alas - Patchwork Mittens was born.

I have a livejournal account, but tend to use that just to scan communities rather than blog.

I'm hoping that by creating this blog, I will encourage myself to want to post wonderful things, and in order to post wonderful things, I must do wonderful things.

My life right now consists of living in Cambridge - working part time in a lovely, yet not so riviting gift shop, The Cherry Tree - and doing an online diploma in Interior Design.

  • Cambridge - This is my fourth year living here. It's lovely, but I'm tired of it. Bring on bigger, better, and more exciting things.
  • The Cherry Tree - worked here for a year now. Small, independent gift shop, which is now not doing so well due to the recession. I'm working approx 8 - 12 hours per week, and at £6ph that is an average of £60 in my pocket each week... However, it's tedious. If I'm working, my boss isn't. Therefore, I am alone. On some days I only take in as much money as my boss is about to pay me for my time, and this just isn't fulfilling or satisfying.
  • Interior Design - I really enjoy this. I've always had a thing for interior design. I love all the magazines, and even shop brochures. I love colour and style and texture, and would absolutely adore a place of my own that I can decorate and style to my hearts content. 12 months to complete 12 modules. I'm roughly doing a module a month, which works out well. But, considering my severe lack of other commitments, I should most definitely be working at a much faster pace. Yet I don't.

Things are missing from my life right now. Excitement, being one. Adventure being another. I don't have things bad, and essentially, I need to get my arse in gear. But, I'm stuck in a rut. MY motivational gear needs severely kicking.

What a wonderfully uplifting first entry this has been! From now on, let's make life a more exciting adventure, and smile.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the new blog and with everything else, sounds like you are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete